Travel healthy with DOH-Manatee. If you are taking an international trip, your travel checklist should include a visit to our Travelers Health Clinics. Our health professionals will help you learn about immunizations and other precautions recommended for your specific destination.
Who should visit the Travelers Health Clinic?
- People traveling overseas for business or vacation
- College-age students who will be studying abroad
- Those visiting other countries for mission trips or international adoptions
Internist/Nephrologist Dr. Sheyla Zelaya and Internist Dr. Ana Karovska have built a new model for their practice on the ‘qualities’ that allow the best medical practices to succeed and flourish - getting close to thier patients, close to their needs, their concerns, their hopes and their dreams.
Sheyla Zelaya, MD >
Ana K. Vuchidolov, MD >
Frequently asked questions
Each area of the world has different requirements, and you will want to be protected regardless of where you travel. Our qualified staff will recommend vaccinations and other precautions based on your destination. DOH-Manatee is a state-certified yellow fever vaccination provider.
Additionally, it is a good idea to keep your flu vaccine up to date whether travelling in-country or out and to be current with routine adult vaccinations.
- Hepatitis A and/or Hepatitis B
- Yellow Fever
- Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis (Tdap or TD)
Even if you were vaccinated as a child for these illnesses, immunity tends to wane over time. Booster shots are often necessary to maintain adequate protection from these diseases, which in rare instances can cause deafness and even death.
- Meningococcal (especially for college students and certain travelers)
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR)
- Influenza (Flu)
- Adult immunizations (also called vaccines) are a safe, effective way to protect the spread of serious diseases. We offer the immunizations that are often required for college, jobs and immigration.